M-D Pneumatics™ 5500 Mechanically Sealed Vacuum Boosters are used to supercharge vacuum pumps to greatly extend pump performance. This allows for much faster pumping speeds and deeper vacuum levels.
M-D Pneumatics vacuum boosters from Tuthill Vacuum & Blower Systems are utilized worldwide in the manufacture of chemicals, petrochemicals, plastics, semiconductors and wood composites as well as food processing, vacuum furnace applications and many other general applications in industry.
Model 5500 vacuum boosters provide pumping speeds to 2700 CFM (4590 m³/h).
- Supercharging vacuum pumps for better system performance
- Increasing vacuum system capacities
- Reducing system ultimate pressures
- Gears: Helical, ground gears for quiet operation
- Gear End: Double row ball
- Free End: Cylindrical roller
- Drive Shaft: Single row ball
- Rotors: Ductile iron, integrally cast with shafts
- Lubrication: Oil splash
- Water cooling coils – standard
- Water cooled end plates – optional
- Seals: Mechanical-labyrinth seals on rotor shafts; mechanical sealing on drive shaft
- Available in special materials such as:
- Stainless steel
- Carbon steel
- Ductile Iron
- Electroless nickel plated
This product has been added to your enquiry cart. To add more products, simply click "Add to Enquiry" on other product pages. If you are finished adding products to your enquiry, click here to fill in the enquiry form.